The Equalizer Series
Our pride in craftsmanship and focus on customer service set us apart from the competition and is proven through over half a century dedicated to building exclusive one-of-a-kind Equalizer units for our customers. With body sizes ranging from 10′ to 16′, when you choose The Equalizer from Alexis, you’re pushing your department’s needs to top priority.
We carry only the highest quality chassis brands with a variety of seating options to accommodate your crew. Our Equalizer Pumper Series is designed to allow you to choose from a custom or commercial chassis. Customize your cab with premium door lettering and reflective striping options to showcase your department’s personality. A variety of exterior trim options are available to enhance the overall appearance and functionality of your chassis.
• Heavy Duty 14 gauge 304, #4 finish stainless steel body
• Stainless Steel Sub frame
• ROM Roll Up Doors
• 650, 750, 1000, or 1250 Gallon Poly Tank
• Darley PSM, 1250-GPM Pump
• Top Mount or Side Control Pump operator’s panel
• Two (2) 2 ½” Discharges, one (1) each side
• Two (2) 3” Discharges, one (1) rear and one (1) deck gun over pump
• Two (2) 1 ½” Mattydale preconnect module, behind chassis cab
• One (1) 2 ½” Gated Suction, left side
• Ladder storage through tank with rear access
• Hypalon Hose bed and preconnect covers
• One (1) AFE stainless steel top access ladder, rear mounted
• Whelen or Code 3 LED Warning Light Package
• Whelen or Code 3 Electronic Siren with 100-watt speaker
• Diamond Grade Chevron pattern striping, rear
• 1500 GPM Pump
• 1250 GPM PTO Pump
• Heated Pump Enclosure
• Foam System
• Front Suction
• Right Side LDH Discharge
• Bumper Preconnect
• Booster Reel
• Heavy Duty .190” Aluminum Body with Galvanized Steel Subframe
• Front Turret (available on PTO Application or Mobile Pump option)
• Wheel Well Air Bottle Compartments
• Shelves and trays in compartments
• HIVIZ LED Scene Lighting
• 120 Volt Electrical System (Hydraulic or Portable Generator
• Varying Preconnect Options
• Painted Roll Up Doors
CAD DRAWINGS / Two-dimensional blueprint of preliminary truck body assures exact dimensions and maps general design.
SOLID MODELING / Three-dimensional drawings simulate a virtual model shop and offer a greater definition of compartment utilization.
AS BUILT DIAGRAMS / Customer-specific exact wiring diagrams come standard with your Alexis truck and provide ease of electrical diagnostics.
LOADING DIAGRAMS / Weight calculations insure intended loads match correct chassis gross vehicle weight rating during pre-planning stage.
OMAX JETMACHINING CENTER / Alexis utilizes one of the fastest and most precise abrasive waterjet cutting methods in the industry with our Omax 50,000 PSI JetMachining Center. Waterjet machining is a computerized technology used to cut virtually any material into any complex two-dimensional shape which does not result in tool path heating, distortion, or residual stress in the cut material. Computerized motion control provides accurate and reproducible results efficiently throughout a wide range of materials and thicknesses while generating a smooth edge and finish.
3/16″ ALUMINUM OR STAINLESS STEEL BODIES / Alexis designs our bodies and subframes utilizing 3D solid modeling to ensure each apparatus is ready to answer the call every time. Finite element analysis is key to ensuring our body is designed to withstand the rigorous conditions our customers are required to respond under. Each body utilizes a subframe that is manufactured of galvanized steel, stainless steel, or aluminum depending on the mission of the unit.
Our heavy duty 3/16” aluminum and 304 #4 stainless steel Response One bodies are designed to fill the role of that versatile unit in your fleet with quick access to your equipment through roll up style doors or hemmed pan style doors. These units are ready to provide a quick response with the equipment you need to complete your job safely and successfully every time.
Service and maintenance is streamlined with heat resistant, color, function, and number coded wiring as well as printed circuit boards and automatic reset circuit breakers. The connections are made through a Duetsch connector, allowing for the best possible protection against the elements. Standard and multiplex systems are available to meet each customer’s 12 volt electrical requirements.
Our apparatus bodies are painted on the Alexis premises using PPG high-gloss finish coatings. Two coats of paint and three coats of primer for ultimate durability and quality. The compartments can be finished in either a natural Aluminum or Zolatone coating. Our trucks are prepped, the paint color of your choice is mixed, and the paint is applied to produce the finished, painted product.