Alexis Fire Equipment is committed to providing a superior customer experience by working side-by-side with each customer and constructing an emergency vehicle that fits each department or organization’s needs and budget. Alexis is a proud dealer of PL Custom Ambulances in the Midwest region. Alexis also has a skilled team that is able to fulfill all your service needs.
PL Custom Ambulance Partnership > Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri
Alexis Fire Equipment is now the exclusive PL Custom Ambulance Dealer for the States of Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri. This partnership enables us to offer a unit designed to meet the Midwest region’s needs in a superior ambulance. PL Custom has been providing customers with quality ambulances since 1946 and are experts in building durable, safe and dependable ambulances at an exceptional value.
The most important aspect of our new partnership is our people. We still have the same great sales staff as well as our knowledgeable service personnel to continue the support our customers have been accustomed to for the last 16 years. Be sure to contact any of our staff at any time to learn more information about the Alexis Fire Equipment – PL Custom Ambulance Partnership.
Experience the PL Advantage – vehicles designed to meet and exceed your expectations.
- Extruded Aluminum framework on 12” centers
- Corner construction- custom interlocking aluminum extrusion; plug welded, bolted and fused for 100% corner attachment
- Side and roof sheets single piece 5052H34 .125 Aluminum – no seams!
- SAE J3057 Compliant
Side Impact Safety
- Full Length 2” x 5” aluminum side impact rails
- Welded into upper and lower body and door frame construction
- Industry exclusive for Entrance and compartment doors
- Conventional hardwired system is our standard, backed with a LIFETIME Warranty
- V-MUX is offers as an optional Multiplex system with a 10-year warranty on all nodes. Lifetime warranty on all PL wiring harnesses
- Reliability, Durability and Serviceability are at the core of electrical analysis and design
- Furniture grade birch construction with high pressure laminates
- Optional aluminum construction with automotive paint finish inside and out
- All upper cabinets are constructed with 45 degree angles to open up the working space and prevent head impact
- All cabinets and solid surface counter edges have radiused edges to reduce injury in the event of impact.
Insulation and Sound Deadening
- 3M Thinsulate thermal and acoustical body insulation; walls, ceiling, doors
- Reflexite super insulation for increased R-Value
- Soundstop material and Thinsulate in entrance doors
- Audioguard acoustical coating; under body, wheel box, stepwell and compartments
- Expanded PVC floor material resists sound transmission and fluid intrusion
Centrally Ducted Climate Control – Often Imitated – Never Duplicated
- Low profile ductwork with (4) discharges on each side designed and positioned for maximum air flow
- 100% direct connection to ductwork – no connection hoses or plenums to allow for loss of air flow
- Performance; BTU’s 60,000 heat, 38,000 cooling, 650 CFM high capacity brushless motor
- Standard in our vehicles since 1990 – Simply the BEST in the Industry
Design with Purpose
- Ambulance Interiors are designed with purpose to meet the needs of our customers, attendants and patients
- Medic in Mind “MIM” Layout
- Multi Point Occupant restraints
- Curbside switch panels for convenience and safe functionality
- Lowered curb and street side skirts with intermediate side entrance steps
Technology that supports design and manufacturing
- OMAX Water Jet for precision cutting and machining of exterior materials
- Safan E-Brake for efficient and accurate in house metal fabrication
- CNC Router for precision woodworking and quality interiors
- Solid Works for 3D modeling and design
- Drive Works for 3D modeling and drawing configuration
- John Bean front end alignment equipment
- Diagnostic testing equipment for all chassis platforms
- Lap tops on production line for multiplex diagnostic support
- Paint- in-house color matching and paint mixing